Marmari, Evia Island
Marmari, Evia is known for its picturesque beaches and ideal wind patterns for kitesurfing. However, once you arrive you will discover how much more the village and surrounding area has to offer. From secluded beaches and ancient ruins to quaint local restaurants and bars you’ll be at a loss for choice on how to spend your time when you’re not busy learning to kitesurf or perfecting your jumps with one of our expert instructors.
Here are some of our suggestions of things to do in Marmari and the surrounding area:
- Dine at one of the traditional Greek tavernas in central Marmari for locally caught fish.
- Rent bicycles and explore the surrounding hills.
- Go for a sunset or sunrise hike up to the secluded hilltop church with a spectacular view of the Petalioi islands.
- Explore the seabed snorkelling at one of the many clear blue water beaches, keeping a look out for squid, crabs and exotic fish.
- On windless day take a paddle boarding excursion on the flat waters.
- Take a boat trip and try your hand at sailing on our luxurious Catamaran Verenice to the Petalioi Gulf Lagoon with its crystal-clear water and secluded bays.
- Rent a car or moped and explore southern Evia’s breath-taking landscapes and ancient ruins.
- Enjoy the nightlife among friendly locals and fellow travellers in one of the many bars on a weekend in the village centre.
Marmari has so much to offer, come join us!